By Algernon Austin
This ebook is the 1st in-depth exam of the 25 million americans with the main extreme hatred of President Obama—arguably the main Republican-friendly of contemporary Democratic presidents—and what the mindsets of those "Obama Haters" train us approximately race and ethnicity in the USA today.
• deals a critique of Obama from the left on his medical health insurance reform, judicial and political appointments, civil liberties regulations, academic reforms, and approach for facing African American concerns
• provides difficult facts exhibiting that Obama Haters are so severe of their conservatism and of their anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black attitudes that during comparability, Tea social gathering supporters seem to be moderate
• Boldly identifies ideas for facing white racial nervousness a few diversifying America
• offers empirically derived estimates of the proportion of the yank public with powerful anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attitudes
Read or Download America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President PDF
Best discrimination & racism books
The Blackwell spouse to Social Inequalities is a main selection of social technological know-how scholarship on inequalities, emphasizing race, ethnicity, classification, gender, sexuality, age, and nationality. Highlights subject matters that signify the scope and variety of theoretical orientations, modern emphases, and rising themes within the box of social inequalities.
This accomplished, interdisciplinary assortment, examines incapacity from a theoretical point of view, hard perspectives of incapacity that dominate mainstream considering. all through, social theories of incapacity intersect with rules linked to sex/gender, race/ethnicity, type and nation.
Sociologist Patricia Hill Collins has been referred to as in modern Sociology “one of the defining voices of latest feminist and race scholarship. ” renowned for her contributions to sociology, social concept, and cultural reports, her a number of courses point out why she has been a tireless voice for social justice reasons resembling the dynamics of race, social category, gender, and sexual equality, and likewise black feminist politics.
Ten years in the past, Mark Anthony Neal’s New Black guy placed forth a progressive version of Black masculinity for the twenty-first century—one that moved past patriarchy to embody feminism and wrestle homophobia. Now, Neal’s publication is extra very important than ever, urging us to visualize a brand new Black guy whose power is living in family members, neighborhood, and variety.
- The Common Cause: Creating Race and Nation in the American Revolution (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
- Imprisoned in a Luminous Glare: Photography and the African American Freedom Struggle
- Talking Back: Thinking Feminist, Thinking Black
- Questioning Gypsy Identity: Ethnic Narratives in Britain and America
- Feminism and Criminology
- Deaf People in Hitler's Europe
Extra info for America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President